Welcome to the August 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re going to “Cut It Out.” Participants will feature projects with “cuts” from punches, dies, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
For this tag card, I started with a Shimmery White Card Stock base and then a layer of Lemon Lime Twist and a layer of Berry Burst cardstock upon which I built my tag. I used the Beautiful Bouquet Photopolymer Bundle to create a small bouquet using the ink colors listed below in the Supply List. There’s no wrong answer — you create a bouquet using the flowers and colors that you’re in the mood for! After stamping the flowers, I cut out the various shapes using the thinlits from the bundle. I cut a two-inch strip of Shimmery White Card Stock to create the tag base. I punched the top and bottom with the Tag Topper and Triple Banner punch. I stamped some stems with Lemon Lime Twist ink, and then mounted the flowers — some with SNAIL adhesive, and some bumped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals to create some visual variety. So fun!
The new Embossing Paste is a MUST-HAVE! I mixed a small amount of the paste (two drops or so?) with Berry Burst Re-inker to create a monochromatic but textured background. It is so fun to use the Pattern Party Decorative Masks — this time I chose the diamond-shaped trellis. Doesn’t it add excitement to the background? I like the fact that not every diamond is filled in uniformly — rather eclectic!
I used the Triple Banner Punch again to create a small banner for the sentiment, and made an identical banner with one of the lovely wooden-textured pieces from the Wood Textures DSP pack.
I stamped the “Happy Birthday” sentiment, but honestly, this stamp set has SO many beautiful sentiments, you could create this card for any number of occasions, and it would be just as lovely!
I added a couple of embellishments to finish off the card. YES, that’s glitter!
I used the Fine-Tip glue to place some glue lines, and then sprinkled the Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top. Be sure to carefully brush off the excess back into your container if you want the lines on the flowers to be more defined. A touch of Lemon Lime ribbon at the top of the tag — along with a quick bow from some baker’s twine I had in my treasure box — and a Glitter Enamel Dot finished things off nicely! There you have it — a fresh, summery bouquet to wish your loved one or friend a beautiful day!
Click on the “Let’s Go Shopping” button at the top of the page or any of the items in this Product List to get your Beautiful Bouquet Photopolymer bundle and other supplies today! Call me or email me with questions, or comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on September 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our creative “Cuts.”
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Becky Retzer at Just In Thyme Crafts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs